PEOPLE DON’T HIRE ME FOR WHAT I DO
I AM OF EXTRA VALUE FOR WHAT I KNOW
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- The Bill Hopen Award – Presented to Mr. Beliveau in 2014 “For outstanding efforts in furthering the development of the Home Inspection profession in British Columbia”. This award is dedicated to the memory of Bill Hopen, a founding member of CAHPI(BC), who provided much wisdom and insight during the association’s formative years.
- CAHPI National Honour Roll – Presented to Mr. Beliveau in 2012. The award is to recognize significant contributions to CAHPI National and/or Regional Associations over the course of many years.
- Accredited Home Inspector (AHI) #3 / BC – Third person in BC to be awarded the AHI designation.
- Consumer Protection BC License Holder # 47282
I have been fully employed and involved in the home inspection industry for over 29 years. I have in the past, and also presently, held many official positions in the Home Inspectors Association BC. They include:
– Membership Committee Chairman
– Winter Seminar Committee
– Education Committee
– Report Verification Committee
– Treasurer on the Executive Board
I was a co-owner and on the Executive of Inspect International Incorporated for 16 years. This company developed a superior Home Reporting System, and both sold and managed up to 7 franchise offices in the home inspection industry over that time. Since becoming independent at the end of 2009, I am now a sole Proprietor, overseeing the operation of Firstclass Building Inspections Limited.
– B.A. – Bishop’s University (1970)
– B.P.E. – University of New Brunswick (1972)
– Inspection Training Associates Course (1992)
– 8 Canadian National Educational Conferences
– 5 American (ASHI) National Conferences
– Local HIABC Educational Seminars (over 25 years)
– CMHC- Healthy Housing & Renovation Workshop
– Quality First Home Heating Inspector certificate
– Roofing Contractors Association of BC (RCABC) Courses – all different roofing types
– Allied Engineering – Boiler assembly line production
– BCIT- Exterior wall Systems Seminar
– BCIT- Electrical Inspections Techniques Seminar
– Kwantlen College – Residential Construction & Land Development
There are many other educational programs and seminars which I have attended over the last 22 years, but they are too numerous to list here.
Prior to becoming involved in home inspections I worked in the trades and construction fields for over 16 years. They included many areas such as home/building construction, home renovations, installing suites, concrete installations, road building, land development, and maintaining rental properties. It was while working in the building trades that I learned many of the improper practices and shortcuts which are not taught in schools. Knowing these is essential to the success of finding many both common and rare poor building practices used in building construction.
I have received extensive practical experience and training in all major aspects of Home Inspection and Construction. Most inspectors follow similar procedures. After completing well over 6500 inspections, I am fully prepared to provide you with a systematic and analytical evaluation of a property.